Achievements made by Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during the last two years in the area of revenue collection is as below;–
Figures in Millions
Figures in Millions
|8.||Tobacco Development Cess||350||434||343||370|
In the Financial Year 2019-20, the recovery drive was affected due to pandemic of COVID-19. All district offices remained closed from 18th March 2020 till June 31st, 2020 which badly affected the tax recovery during 2019-20. Despite that the department succeeded in achieving 88% of the assigned target.
Performance in Narcotics seizure during the last two years is tabulated as below;-
|S.#||Period||Charas (kg)||Heroin (kg)||Opium (kg)||Ice/Meth (kg)||Alcohol (litre)||Accused Arrested|
|Narctoics Seizure Details from July 2020 to December 2020 (Six Months)|
|Total Cases Registered||Charas (kg)||Heroin (kg)||Opium (kg)||Ice/ Meth (kg)||Alcohol (ltr)||FIR Vehicles||Accused Arrested|
During the last two years other Reforms Accomplished / Milestones achieved are as below;-
- Excise, Taxation & Narcotics Control Department was the only Tax collection Department that achieved above 100% of the assigned target in 2018-19 (103% Recovery).
- Achieved 88% of the assigned target during 2019-20 despite closure of offices for more than 2 months due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Simplified of Motor Vehicle Registration Process by reducing registration steps from 13 to 3 steps.
- Passing of Control of Narcotics Substance Bill 2019 by Provincial Assembly and drafting of comprehensive rules.
- Cleared huge backlog of number plates that piled up since 2011
- Expanded UIP Tax base to new urban areas.
- Updated UIP tax and M.V Taxation law.
- Extended Excise functions in newly Merged Areas.
- Established Narcotics Police Stations and appointed SHOs, Investigation Officers, Mohrars and other supporting staff.
- Approved communication strategy for Effective taxpayer’s awareness.
- Launched capacity building and training of officers/ officials in LUMS, PTC Hangu, and school of investigation-290 officials/officers trained.
- Established Complaint Cell for redressal of complaints.
- Launched Mobile Registration Van for providing registration facility at your doorsteps.
- Started GIS based survey for UIP Tax.
- Started working on launching e-payment gateways and switching over to paperless environment.